Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thank you papa, for all the times...

Dear Father
You held me when
I still didn't know
you were my daddy

I don't know when
I called you daddy
I only know
that you adored me,

your baby

You got me toys
and books
you got me a doll
and lolly pop

You hated my friends
for we used to be a 'gang'
you told me always
"You're intelligent!"

You never doubted me
even though I doubted myself
You called me your 'Princess'
and treated me like a queen

as I grew you said you would freeze me
and put me in the showroom
At times you said
you will carry me around in a suitcase
feed me through the holes


I used to laugh and think 'he's mad'
only today I smile
to know I was loved like mad
by my darling papa

I love you my daddy
for all the moments in my life
all the moments when you scolded me
showed me the right path
all the moments when I scolded you
and told you to leave me alone

for all the moments you were patient with me
for all the times you still opened your arms
when I returned home, defeated and heart broken
for all the times...

For all the times

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love you papa, where ever you are,,

Unknown said...

i love you papa, wherever you are,

Anonymous said...

i love u papa

Unknown said...

luv u papa,,always missing u,,,