Thursday, August 23, 2007

My tiny gift from God

I hold her in my arms
and look at her tiny face
she peeps open her eyes
I find my eyes go moist

I hold her close to my heart
and gently feel her cheek
she is so tiny
and so soft

she blinks
and so does my heart
I play with her fingers
she holds on to them

she doesn't speak yet
but her eyes
and her hands
tell me

she will my little doll
who will soon be walking
and talking
she will be my little monster
who will make me run
helther skelther

she will be my headache
and make me patrol her room
she will be my support
when I would least expect it

She will adore me
she will trouble me
she will hate me
she will love me

As I hold her close
I feel her heart beside mine

I look at her with wonder
for here I finally hold
my darling daughter

delicate as a flower
lovely as a rainbow
tiny as a sparrow
filling my world
with untold happiness

No comments: