Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm just not your segment

I cook and clean
the whole day
only to be told
I don't work

I stay awake
while my husband rests
rocking the baby
calming him to my best

they say I don't work
those women in high heels
they feel sad for me
confined to my home

they tap away on their laptops
think they are smart
they feel women should now STOP
being a mother or a doting wife

they say anybody can do
what I can do
I have no special skills
yet they complain

how hard it is to find
someone who can love
someone who is patient
someone who is sacrificing

isn't it obvious
who lacks the skills?
I don't judge them
so why do they?!

They choose a black coat
over a blue and yellow apron
they choose endless reports
while I chose endless nights

we are both women
in our right
we are both strong
in our heart

so don't look at me
and feel sad
in your words
I'm just not your segment

1 comment:

poetic muslim said...

aleyfah your married ? wonderful poem , being a mother is a great contribution in society , you can have career no one is saying that is bad , but bringing up a child to be something wonderful in society is an achievement , it requires great patience and work I am a mother my self , not every one can do this job in bringing up another human being .
It is a day to day struggle with yourself .To be good to make sure another human being that YOU have brought in to this world is going to turn out good in society ...