Sunday, December 02, 2007

Happy Birthday.. Dearest Mommy

Dearest Mummy,

This is the blessed day
God sent you to earth
to be my mom

this is the blessed day
you opened your eyes
and cried out to the world

here I am

this is the day
a strong woman was born
who was to have two daughters

look up and admire her
have her beauty
and have her grace

this is the day
when I get a chance
to remember you whole day

and have a prayer
that may you live
beyond me

that I may have you
by my side always
and have the comfort of your arms
the sweetness of your voice
the silkiness of your hair
the naughtiness of your eyes
the spring in your body
the courage of your heart
the strong will of yourself

and today is a day
I think back and say

Wow!
I have a mom
as wonderful as you

I love you my dearest mommy
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your poem was the best poem i have ever heard. as i read it i cried. all i have to say is YOU ARE DEEP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blogger said...

Chigirl - Thank you dear :)