Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A bird in a cage

We have become two strangers
living under the same roof
sharing the same blanket
but warmth has left us
and so has love

You come home,
put on the T.V.
eat the food I made
without a murmur
neither praise
nor critism
and go to bed
facing the wall

I wait for you whole day
yet when you come
you're not there
what is wrong i fail to understand

we were once so much in love
and waited to see each other
you looked forward to my cooking
got me flowers and chocolates
you told me i was your dream girl

and now
you say nothing at all
I talk to you
"Need to pay the electricity bill"
"O.K"
"I wanted to go out with Reena"
"Go"
"Shall we go for dinner with our friends"
"I'm tired"

Cold answers

Is it because now
I am yours
that I am no longer
enchanting
It is because a piece of paper
makes you my husband
that I am for granted?

I will wait
and watch
but one day
I will have had enough
Your big empty house
your fancy car
your credit card that you ask me to use
does not fulfil my need

I just need your love
which you have none to spare
I have become
a decorative piece next to you

I have a soul
that can't be caged
and fed
I need love
to blossom and dance

and when I know
I will never get it
I will silently open
the door of your cage
and fly away in own world out there

No comments: