Monday, June 18, 2007

Along the path

I walked along a path
loving someone with my heart
I at times hoped to find
the same love in his heart

All those times I cried
for I realised it never did
and now I have stopped
for no longer can I walk

I have no reason to walk
for the love in my heart
has been killed
for I have been told

I have none at all

I walked along a path
never thinking of the gain
I gave and gave and gave
only to be told

I gave none at all

No hopes, no dreams I kept
even when a tiny light was lit
I ignored for I realised
it would be blown any time

like the many times
how many times
I do not know
and now

I have stopped
to count
this path is leading no where
apart from the occasional shocks

this path is not meant for me
this path does not take me
to where I want to be
this path is not my path

along the way I travelled
and now I check my map
my route is about to change.

1 comment:

poetic muslim said...

asalam alaykum , sis that poem was so touching it actually relates to me about what am going through in my life , i found your blog through another blog i clicked on it only to find that you have the same template lol i was like huh ? is this my blog , so i guess someone out their has the same taste :P